but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:31

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Growing up and school dances!!

My K is getting so big. She is now in 5th grade. I can't believe how the time has flown by since she was just this little girl running after her big brothers. She has had a couple of milestones the last couple weeks that are making me really think about what a great young lady she is becoming.
The first special moment was on February 14th. This was a very important day for our K. This was the day she decided to be baptized.
 
To add to the special moment, Kurt was the one to baptize her. This is a moment my little girl will remember forever.
The next special moment was a little less important to her eternity and more important to her here and now. The school that K and A attends was having a school dance.    
OH NO, not a school dance already she is only in 5th grade!! 
Okay now that I had that moment, let me go on to say that it was a "Friendship Dance". The one rule that we had for K was "No Dancing With Any Boys" To which K responded, "I don't like any of the boys at school." She said this as if it would actually make a difference if she liked them or not. Silly girl. Anyway, she had a good time hanging out with her new friends from school and enjoyed the music. I am very happy to say that I have survived the first of many, many school dances.

No comments: