but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:31

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Chicken Taco Soup Recipe

Jean has requested that I post the recipe for my Chicken Taco Soup, so here it is!!

1 chopped onion
1 (16 oz) can chili beans
1 (15 oz) can black beans
1 (15 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
1 (12 fl. oz) can or bottle beer
2 (10 oz) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, do not drain
1 (1.25 oz) package taco seasoning
3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts

OPTIONAL:
shredded Cheddar cheese
sour cream
crushed tortilla chips


Cooking Instructions
Place onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, bear, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning, and stir to blend. Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.

Remove chicken breasts from the soup and pull apart or cut into small pieces. Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup and continue cooking for 2 hours.

Serve with the desired toppings.

I usually just use whatever kind of beans I have on hand (kidney, pinto) and plain diced tomatoes. We love this meal and it is so easy to do!!!

3 comments:

Jean said...

Thank you Regina!! I can't wait to try it. Yummy...

Jean

Regina said...

Your welcome!! I hope you like it as much as I do! It is really easy. Of course, it must be or I wouldn't make it. LOL
Even I can't mess this up!!

Denise Grover Swank said...

This sounds totally delicious! I'm putting it on the menu next week!

BTW, LOVIN' the blog looks!!!!